Dialing Instructions - Administrative Offices
- Directory Assistance: Dial 9 + 411
- International Calls (including faxes) dial 9 + 011 + Country Code + City Code (if applicable) + local number. (See local telephone directory for a list of country codes.)
- Interoffice Calls: Dial the 4-digit number.
- Local Calls : Dial 9 + 7-digit number.
- Long-Distance Calls:
dial 9 + 1 + area code + 7-digit number.
Note: Do not dial 9 + 1 to place a local call as long-distance charges may be generated.
- Operator Assisted (collect or 3rd number calls): Dial 9 + 0.
- Toll-Free : Dial 9 + 1 + 8XX + 7-digit number.
- Questions : Dial 2078 for the Centrex Office.
Dialing Instructions - Features - Administrative Offices
- Call Forwarding: To have all your incoming calls ring at another telephone on campus, listen for a dial tone, dial 110, dial 4-digit number, listen for a stutter dial tone, announce call forward if someone answers, hang up. To cancel call forwarding, listen for a dial tone, dial 111, listen for a stutter dial tone, hang up.
- Call Pickup: To answer a ringing telephone in your office from an idle telephone, listen for a dial tone, dial 116, begin conversation.
Note: A call pickup group must be established with all the numbers within an office prior to it working. Contact the Centrex Office for more information.
- Three-Way Conversation (to add a third party to an existing call) : Depress flash button (or switch hook), dial third party, depress flash button (or switch hook) to bring first party on line again, begin conversation.
- Transferring Calls: Depress flash button (or switch hook), dial the 4-digit number, announce the transfer call, hang up.
Dialing Instructions - Residence Halls
- Administrative Lines: Dial 9 + 7-digit number.
- Dorm Lines: Dial the 4-digit number.
- Local Calls: Dial 9 + 7-digit number.
- Long-distance, directory assistance and international calls must be made with a toll-free number through a long-distance provider.
- Operator Assisted (collect or 3rd number calls): Dial 9 + 0
- Toll-Free: Dial 9 + 1 + 800 + 7-digit number.
MemoryCall Voice Messaging System
- MemoryCall, the voice messaging system available through the new AT&T, can be added to any administrative phone line for a minimal charge. To learn more about this service, contact the Centrex Office at 2078.
- Access the MemoryCall Service Deluxe Voice Messaging Users' Guide.
Message Notification - AT&T MemoryCall Deluxe
Here are the instructions for setting up phone notification from your AT&T voice mailbox:
Choose a telephone number in your local calling area.
1. At the main menu, press .
2. Follow the voice instructions to enter the phone number.
You can set up notification options for all or only urgent messages or for those from a specific sender. When you answer the notification call, you'll hear a recorded announcement.
If the line is busy or you don't answer, the service tries three more times at 20-minute intervals.
Turn message notification on or off
1. At the main menu, press .
2. Press  for pager or  for phone.
3. Press  to turn notification on or off.